It was WORLD EGG DAY the other day so I celebrated EGGcordingly. I get EGGstatic about eggs. I may be a little EGGcentric as far as eggs go. I was also in no mood for EGGsasperating my day so I whipped up some fARRRGHing EGG CLOUDS because the are so EGGstremely easy and fast. I used to make these back in the day.. but had forgotten about them entirely until the interwebs reminded me. Some people are laying them on “bacon blankets” or as I call them “bacon quilts”. I use sausage for them because that’s how my mother did it. She knew how to do shit right. It must be genetic… because I cover my egg clouds with spicy hollandaise sauce and that very well may be EGGzactly the way they were meant to be eaten. I also had just recently made my first Hot Sauce batch… I call it “Dragon Blood Isle” because it’s made from roasted green scotch bonnets, juicy red dragon fruit, Ommegangs Red dragon Ale… and some other secret treasures. I added this sauce to my hollandaise, but you can do what you want… be creative people. You don’t have to do it my way, but by all that is sEGGcred… just do it! Paint some happy little clouds. I believe you can do it.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded parm
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked sausage fingers
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- salt, pepper, garlic, sage
……..the egg magic:
- Separate the kids by putting whites in 1 large bowl and yolks in their own shell cups in a separate small bowl.
- Whip the white kids asses until stiff peaks form. I mean we need these to be inappropriately stiff and perky.
- Gently Fold in cheese, chives and sausage, it’s not a mixing contest y’all.
- Spoon into 4 mounds on parchment-lined baking sheet; make a deep well in center of each.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 3 minutes
- Take them out and lay 1 yolk to each well… it’s like handling testes….ever so gently…
- season with your special flavo flav
- Bake until yolks are just set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- drizzle with mutha lovin hollandaise sauce….here is the FASTEST recipe for that…..Easy AF Hollandaise
- Masticate, Swallow, Digest, Repeat!