Oh my sweet baby sea god posideon! We brunch like we mean it in my family. So it was just fathers day and we had a great time showing the fathers how important their years of beatings were, because our morale eventually improved! Thanks dads. You truly whipped us into shape. We lub you.
My sister wench gets a SPECIAL GUEST SPOTLIGHT this week. She is amazing in the kitchen and aspires to be a personal chef some day so…. 3 cheers for “Captain Blaire” my sister wench for the incrediballs brunch she prepared for our fathers day feasting pleasure. Hip hip Huzzah!
She prepared bacon, parmesan, peppercorn Belgian waffles with a scallion garlic butter, and a chipotle maple syrup. Strat-daddy fried up his famous fried chicken wings… nothing schmancy about it. Fried chicken needs no frills….it’s that damned good. I took the left over waffles home and Broseph took home the left over meat. That’s how we do it. Why were there any left overs you ask? Well, we, as a family, tend to make waaaaay too much food. It works out well for the left over department. The minion loves the waffles.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbl. baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 3 Oz. shredded parmesan cheese (3/4 cup)
- 1 Tbl. fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 schtick of butta – melted
- garlic butter
- chopped scallions
- 1/4 lb of bacon
- chipotle mayple syrup (can make your own with some canned chipotles in oil and Canadian mayple syrup)
- electric mixer
- badass waffle iron – Suggestions: http://amzn.com/B00ITPJ0HM
…… waffle magic:
- cook bacon, remove from pan, and swashbuckle that shit. chop chop chop it like its hot.
- beat eggs on medium speed 3 minutes or until very pale and foamy.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl
- whisk in cheese and pepper until combined
- Whisk milk and butter into flour mixture, whisking just until combined; do not overmix (batter will be lumpy).
- With wooden spoon, fold in eggs.
- ladle a heaping ladle full of batter into waffle iron (just enough to cover surface of waffle iron). sprinkle with bacon!!!!
- Cook waffles until golden brown and steam is no longer escaping from iron. Hot dayum, you did it.
- while those are cooking, mix chopped scallions in garlic butter
- now slather that baby with scallion garlic butter and bacon crumbles and douse it with chipotle maple syrup!
Happy fathers day to the keeper of the codes!