National FOOD TRUCK day was spent at home this year….we are preparing for our annual Halloween extravaganza and thusly are too poor to go downtown just for food. I still needed some food truck in my life. So, I prepared one of the items that I would sell from my imaginary food truck. CUBANO EGGROLLS fool! I mean, obvs i’m big into “fusion” foods.. and obvs i’m creative AF…..but I am also super into promoting local. (In case you didn’t already know). I purchased this cannon-balls relish called Dillapeno (<<buy it here <<) relish from the Smithers Family at the Houston Hot Sauce Festival I attend every year. If you love pickles.. as I do… PLEASE try this shiz. I used it in place of pickle slices in my cubans. I made waaay to many but luckily I have a large hungry crew of friends who randomly sail by to graze grub…. otherwise I would be way larger and way in charger. On my food truck, I would make these dericious cuban wraps becasue they are totally finger food and totally a “quickie” item. I wrap so tight… you should too.
- 1 pack of eggroll wraps
- 1/4 lb swiss cheese slices
- 1/2 lb of roasted pork slices
- 1/2 lb of sliced ham…preferably smoked somehow.
- a thing of spicy / sweet dijon mustard
- some dill jalepeno relish
- garlic powder, salt & pepper
- egg wash
- stuff for frying.. ie: pan, oil, fire.
- lay an eggroll wrap on a cutting board
- throw down the ham
- throw down the pork
- slap it with a half slice of cheese
- spoon out some relish
- squirt out some ‘tard
- roll…..just roll along…..just roll along….
- egg wash to seal
- fry that shit.
This halloween, the first mate is going to be a zombie Ricky Ricardo and I am going to be a Zombie Lucy so we need to practice our cuban dancing….. so here: