The devil made me do it!!! JK. But seriously, no matter what religion or spirituality you may believe in, EVERYONE can enjoy a deviled egg. Possessed with mayo or blessed with mustard.. there is NO wrong way to top them. I’ve been on the #bringbackthedeviledegg band wagon ever since some friends and I realized that they have become less popular as party dishes over the last couple of decades and that most people only enjoy them in the spring. Deviled eggs in all of their decadence, should be celebrated year round, all colors and shapes, topped with weird stuff or normal stuff. JUST MAKE SOME and give them to your neighbors, have them because its thursday! Since Easter is my third favorite food holiday after thanksglutony and Christmasscarfing, of course I make a big deal of it. I usually have an Easter crawfish boil with all of the scurvy crew…totally a southern norm…..then I make us some rum and coconut drank in hollowed out pineapple “mugs”, and I ALWAYS make my FRIED GUAC DEVILED EGGS. I love using the Bravado Spice Co jalepeno garlic seasoning and Hot Line Pepper Products “Garlicky Gringo” for my guac …. it turns this recipes flavor profile up to 11!! This year I decided to make them the KETO way… since most of my crew have joined in my way of life. For those of you that are not familiar with the “ketogenic diet” or aren’t keen on ketosis, it still tastes flippin awesome, it’s just less carbs and we all know that carbs are the (tastyAF) debil. You can totally make these the regular “flour, egg, panko” way.. but I suggest you give this a try, sooner rather than later. Yeah, I know i’m giving my secrets away…. Take what ye can, give a little back… ;P
- 3 avocados
- 12 eggs
- lime juice
- 1 small bunch cilantro – Chop it like its hot…
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 bag (or 1 cup once blitzed) Hot & Spicy Chicharrones
- 1 cup blitzed parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Jalepeno Garlic seasoning
- 2-3 tbsp Garlicky Greengo
- salt / cayenne to taste
- avocado oil or coconut oil for frying – personal preference (non keto use peanut oil)
- pickled jalepenos for topping / or what ever topping you like, crunchy pork rinds, parmesan crisps, or pickled red cabbage is good too.
- Boil salted water. place chicken embryos in and bring to a boil… then turn off the heat and let them sit for 14 min. THIS is crucial to the peeling process. Eggs be some finicky bitches. I use two week old eggs for deviling anywho, somehow they are more mature about the whole thing.
- While the ladies bathe… make your “breading bowls”. Mix the flours together in one large flat bowl/ tupperware. Beat 2 eggs in the next bowl / tupperware. Mix the parm and pork rinds in the last one. Set them side by side in that order next to a paper towel lined cutting board or sheet pan.
- Drain & peel eggs immediately (while hot) in cold water / running water in the pot.
- Slice eggs in half and dump 8 yolks into a bowl. Toss the rest of the yolks, set whites aside to dry.
- Slice avocados and pray to the old gods and the new, that they are perfect… nothing is as sexy as a ripe one.
Dump avocados in the yolk bowl add all seasoning, some lime juice, cilantro, the awesome sauce and !Mash it up! (enjoy song whilst cooking)
- Load that shit into a piping bag and fridge it. The lime juice should keep it from browning for a while. Tits crossed.
- Heat your deep fryer (or deep pan with lots of oil) to about 350°F. If you don’t have a cooking thermometer, stick a wooden spoon into the oil when it’s been heating for about 7-8 minutes. If bubbles come up from the depth, your oil is hot enough for deep frying!
Coat each egg half in the “flour” mix, then the egg wash, then the parm & pork rinds mix. Using one hand for wet and one hand for dry keeps it less ridiculous. Example: dry hand dredges it with the flour, drops it in the egg, then the wet hand takes out of the egg and the dry hand then puts it in the parm & pork rinds then on to a paper towel lined pan. Instructional video for your viewing pleasure.
Carefully lower each coated egg half into the deep fryer (or pan) to avoid splashing. It will hurt! I mean…unless you like that sort of pain… then splash away. 😉
Allow each piece to fry until a light brown. It shouldn’t take long at all. Take them out and place them on that paper towel lined thing again.
- Finally!! It’s time to lay some pipe! Get that piping bag full of avocado yolk goodness and squeeze away. Make it purty, it will taste better. Top it with what ever you want.. be weird with it.
- Share with friends, they wont last long… so here’s a tip: A savvy pirate always hides a bit of treasure for themselves.
Here’s a weird ass Easter video. Don’t say I never gave you nothin.
DEVILED EGGS RULE!
Craig the Crawfish says…. AAAARRRGGG this be my guac, Do you even sauce bro?!! Well do ya?
PS>>left over “filling” doubles as a badass chip dip. It ain’t a party until someone brings the guacamole.
1 thought on “KETO: Fried Guac Deviled Eggs!”