Do you wanna look like a fucking dessert pro? How about an easy dessert to put into tiny cups for a party or event? I gotcha covered. May I present to you….. Cheese cake pannacotta with a dragon fruit yogurt compote. This is as simple as making a fruit sauce and jello…so don’t be lily liver’d about trying it. The flavors of these two layers together are perfectly balanced and it makes you look fancy as fuck when you layer them right. I had a hard time finding good quality dragon fruit this week.. some were mushy and weird. Every time I finally find some and they aren’t where I put them in the kitchen…im like:
I like the purple/pink meated fruits more because they are sweeter but all I found was the white ones so I added some pomegranate juice to make it magenta like it should be. Dragon fruit / Pitaya fruit is the fruit of several cactus species from places my broke ass will never get to sail to… like Thailand. It’s not too sweet, kinda like a kiwi but still great for dessert. Every once in a while the Captain gets a sweet tooth. I also have an unquenchable thirst for more culinary knowledge so I am always trying new things. I’m just trying to make tasty AF food while still making better choices and anytime you can find a way to stuff your rotting carcass with more fruit and veggies is good right?
.……..in-greed-ients on the bottom (the taker):
- 3 cups cream (oh yeah)
- 1/2 of a 3 oz packet sugar free cheesecake jello
- 1 tsp, vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup sugar (or more if you want)
- 2½ tsp, plain gelatin
- 4 tbsp, water
……….in-greed-ients on top (the giver):
- 1/3 cup, sugar
- 1 whole lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup, water
- 1 dragon fruit, chopped – leave a slice or two for garnish
- if you have white dragon fruit you need some thing pink…..Example: food coloring, pomegranate juice, beet juice
- the rest of the plain gelatin pack (should be a tsp or so)
- 3 tsp water
- 1 cup (honey or coconut noosa is awesome) yogurt
- ½ cup, milk
……the giggly pink magic:
- In a pan, combine the first 6 ingredients mentioned for the Dragon fruit yogurt compote and cook till it reaches a thick saucey consistency.
- Take it off the heat and keep it aside. Allow it to cool
- Sprinkle gelatin over the water in a small bowl and keep it aside for 5 mins. Allow it to bloom.
- add yogurt and milk with the gelatin and whisk until combined well.
- Add dragon fruit compote to the yogurt mix and whisk well. Put it in the fridge to let it congeal into a creepy consistency.
……..the cheesecake magic:
- add gelatin to water in a bowl, whisk and let bloom.
- In a sauce pan, add cream, vanilla essence and sugar. Cook until it gets to a slow boil. Do not overheat it.
- Remove from heat and add it to the gelatin mixture and whisk it nicely till the gelatin dissolves
- add cheesecake jello and whisk.
- Pour this white sauce in goblets or shot glasses. If you prefer to give it an angle effect, place the glasses tilted in a muffin pan or a dish with sides and a towel, and pour the mixture into the glasses.
- Refrigerate till set. maybe a few hours, maybe all night long.. who knows.
- when that layer is firm, add pink giggly stuff to the top with a spoon, add a dragon fruit slice as garnish and AVAST YE! So it be done!