The deck hand (my minion) loooooves grilled chicken, so when he found some little drumsticks on sale he insisted that we cook’em up! I had been wanting to try the “white BBQ” sauce that is all over the interwebs lately. Supposedly, it’s an Alabama created recipe. I love a good southern meal as much as the next gal, but like everything, it’s only good for you in moderation. So I hopped on the pinterest current and sure enough there are a few variations…..and like always, I added my own twists… and mine is better. ARRRGH! Just kiddding… or am I? When he wants to pick out dinner it usually includes raw spinach or corn… those are really the only two veggies he enjoys eating. Fuckit, that’s better than some kids right? So we grilled up some husk-on corn and slathered it with pesto and parmesan… oh man… talk about a mouthgasm! This shit was quick, easy, and mouthy pleasey…….find out how:
- 1/2 cup miracle whip miracle whip is better than mayo because of 2 things. 1. there is more seasoning in miracle whip 2. there is a little less oil content than mayo. See here what the difference is:Miracle whip is like… HA! just kidding.. actually:The great debate
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp chipotle mustard
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smokey artisan salt
- cayenne powder
- chipotle powder
- 4 garlic cloves minced
You need to prepare the white bbq sauce the day before you cook this grub. It needs to “marry” and get it on… in the privacy of your fridge over night…if you get my drift. So whip all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stick it in a container with a lid in the fridge and let the magic happen.
- chicken drummettes – how ever many your little heart desires
- corn in husk – as many as your belly can hold
- garlic powder
- garlic butter
- soak corn as is… in a giant something of water… for at least an hour.
- make sure drummettes are thaw, and pat them dry
- heat grill to 450
- coat the chicken in garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- pull husk back on corn, remove silk
- slather corn in garlic butter…..like a pro
- wrap husk back around corn
- grill corn and chicken together, on grates, flipping every 7 min.
- baste chicken with WHITE BBQ sauce last few minutes
- cook chicken to internal temp of 185
- cook corn for 20 -30 min
- cover chicken with foil and let rest for 10 min.
- peel back husk and paste pesto all over corn
- sprinkle corn with parmesan
- get out that white sauce and get ready to pour, dip, and lick.
1 thought on “White BBQ Sauce & Drummettes”
Looks Great Cassandra!