Yesterday was NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY! As if Americans needed a reason to celebrate Ice Cream. I’m not too much of a fan of the sweets but my crew sure is. Hence, the minion and I created a savory sweet treat to stick in their mutinous face holes. I have always wanted to try lavender ice cream, but I never thought to use ricotta too! Then I saw Giada De Laurentiis do it and it looked sexy as fuck. I thought it would be more time consuming than it was… but then I remembered… I HAVE A MOTHER FUCKING ICE CREAM MACHINE! Huzzah! So I dug out the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and we had an accord. I found several recipes for lavender ice cream but I always end up making my own version anyway…would you like to see it… well, here it is:
- 2 drops of Doterra LAVENDER essential oil (it’s cheaper if purchased through a sales rep…like myself)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (lick spoon now)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- electric purple food coloring- depends on how purple you want it
- Must have ice cream maker “ice pot” in the freezer for at least 24 hours prior to making ice cream
- mix first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer for 2 min
- add next 3 ingredients and….
- whip it, whip it good
- pour the mixture into the pot and place the churn tool in and put the lid on. Flip the switch and watch your creation come to life in 20-30 min. –
This creamy badassery gets more solid the longer it is in the freezer so if it is still a little soft serve-y just pop the “ice pot” in the freezer with cling wrap over it, for a few. Everyone has there spoon in my pot today, I can’t blame them. Even I am indulging… right after breakfast… I needed a hit. SOMEONE lost my fancy schmancy ice cream scooper so a mellon baller makes cute little balls just fine. I placed my ice cream on top of a warm chia cinnamon pancake and sprinkled it with coconut shavings and chia seeds….. because cones are for kids. I am a grown ass wench and have pallet needs that have surpassed my crews. So get creative and make it your own! Savy?!