YAY FOR AMERICA! The fourth of July is always a great reminder of how lucky we all are to be free from tyranny! Free to be pirates if we want to, or to eat meat and drink beer and blow shit up! ‘Murica, the land of the free and home of the Jell-O-shot. There is a long and interesting history of pirates and privateers fleeing the waters of the British Empire to be free and trade (or steal) where ever they pleased. There is hidden treasure and buried loot every where along the eastern shores and islands. I made some of my very own treasure this Independence day, and although red white and blue were the 13 colonies colors, anyone can claim them. The American flag stands for freedom and I’m all about that.. that and rum. I’m all about that too. See my patriotism below: I made 160 but I think 90 would do just fine for a righteous pirate party. This takes time so start early… like the afternoon before you need them.
- 2 3 oz package of blue jello
- 2 3 oz package of cherry jello
- 4 packets of knox gelatin
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cherry rum
- 2 cups whipped cream rum
- 2 cups coconut rum (I chose the captain morgan brand…of course)
- about 90 jello shot cups.
- first, set up the cups on trays of some kind so you can transport them to a fridge
- get fridge ready – make some space for these suckers cause they are gonna need it
- in a pot boil 2 cups water
- add cherry jello, let it dissolve, add 2 cups cherry rum
- allow it to cool and pour a layer into the cups- try not to spill that shit everywhere… good luck with that.
- carry them to the fridge ….carefully.
- while they are setting (the package says 4 hours but they could be ready in 2-3 hours) have a party.. drink some shots.. what ever.
- continue this routine with the white but use the condensed milk and coconut milk instead of water to boil. Remove Add knox and stir until dissolved… then remove from heat, add coconut rum. Let it cool,
- and pour it into cups carefully not to disturb the red layer. Use a spoon to be safe.
- put the trays in the fridge again for several hours. Have some more shots! At this point we let the kids practice bartending for us.
- Now boil the 2 cups of water for the blue
- remove from heat and add blue jello, dissolve, add whipped cream rum, cool,
- go get the trays out and use a spoon to pour.
- drink some shots
Tomorrow the shots should be ready for lids and transport. They should stay firm whilst sitting out for a long time. I like to stack them for a more patriotic effect.
2 thoughts on “INDEPENDENCE JELL-O-SHOTS!”
I can’t stop reading your blog. I get great recipes and a good laugh. I Love it.
I do what I can… if it gets read on the John or in the kitchen…it’s all good to me. Thanks for the support!