Most North American land lubbers have not experimented much with the plantain. This is a “the gods damned” travesty. Plantains are fucking amazeballs. We pirates LOoOoOve them and eat them frequently, as well as mango! First off, don’t confuse them with plain old bananas. I mean nanas are great too… but not as sexy & versatile! You can make plantains sweet or savory because they are a lot like potatoes and bananas. I have sautéed them in honey, mashed them with butter and garlic, fried them and flambéed them with rum, ect… Here is a recipe that is easier than shit. I know yall lazy skurvs like easy….its great for summer. So go get you some plantains and get to work, savy?
- 2 medium ripe plantains, peeled, chopped in a food processor (not blended)
- some coconut flakes (like a cup)
- 1 large egg + 1 egg white
- 1 can coconut milk – the good shit not the light – chillin like a villain.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- some honey – BUY LOCAL BITCHES – I’m currently using this brand: Goodflow Honey
- a mango
- an avocado
- some chopped cilantro
- 1 lime (juice)
- cinnamon (powdered)
- Himalayan pink salt & cracked pepper
- preheat oven to 400*
- chop plantain in a food processor until rice like
- add eggs and coconut to plantain in a bowl – coat and toss and season with salt and pepper.
- spray muffin / cupcake tin with cooking spray
- spoon a glob into each hole. use a shot glass to make the cup shape, buy pressing down in the center and on the sides
- bake for 15 min
- whilst they are baking, pour coconut cream, vanilla, and honey in to bowl and mix with a hand blender or immersion blender until whipped…like 7 minutes. set aside.
- chop/ slice avocado and mango into cubes. Toss it wit cilantro and lime juice and cinnamon. Let me splain:
Now fill those glory holes with the delicioso mix! Top with some of that creamy whipped goodness, sprinkle some more coconut flakes on top, and there ya have it mates….. dessert is served. Yar brethren court should approve! (my cream sat too long before the picture was taken here).