Look, I realize I’m a sexy beast although not a fitness model…. and that I am not a food coach of any kind. BUT, I do eat clean and healthy during the week in order to TRY to not be the fatest version of myself. Oh yea, you know I love cheese and butter…but on Mondays I meal prep for success. That means, steamed veggies, baked or grilled protein, low sodium (with the help of my fav seasonings from http://bing.flavorgod.com/) and low calorie high complex carbs and proteins. It’s not hard when you love to cook…but lets say you don’t love to cook.. (WTF is wrong with you anyway?) Here’s my go to easy AF meal prep. So you whiners can’t say “it takes too long” or “I like pizza too much”. Duh, don’t we all.
- 3 chicken boobies
- 8 0z (1 cup) quinoa (I like the rainbow kind because its bootyful)
- 1 3/4 cup garlic chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2-3 cups Brussels sprouts
- flavorgod lemon garlic seasoning
- flavorgod spicy everything seasoning
- thyme & a lemon & olive oil
- some god damned self control
- oh yea, foil, and an oven that doesn’t suck
….. the healthy magic:
- Preheat oven to 400*
- zest lemon, coat with olive oil, spread thyme & spicy everything seasoning all over thawed, dry chicken boobs
- bake in foil pouch 30-40 min depending on the thickness of your boobs
- add quinoa to broth, boil 10-15 min
- steam Brussels over boiling quinoa in a steamer pot
- toss Brussels in lemon juice and lemon garlic seasoning
- squeeze lemon juice over chicken
- (self control) try not to add salt or parm or butter… cause that defeats the whole damn purpose
- sometimes I add sautéed baby bella shrooms with onion and garlic to my quinoa blend because its tasty as hell and we all needs the vitamin D! Yes, she wants the D.
~This is a lunch prep only, you realize that you will also have to prepare breakfast snacks and dinner. Ideal choices are boiled eggs, a veggie & fruit snack with nuts or rice cakes, even a badass shake would pair well with this daily plan like a visalus shake: http://visalus.com/products/challenge-kits.
When your nutritious delicious lunch noms are complete, divvy it up equally into these handy dandy meal prep containers: http://www.amazon.com/Meal-Prep-Containers-Microwavable-Dishwasher/dp/B00TBMW6LO . I only make them for mon-fri since I have to be realistic. I need to have cheat days to survive. Those days are called the weekend and I thoroughly fucking enjoy them. Now go mealprep.. and keelhaul your latest diet fad. Just make better damn choices. Pick a day… any day… and make it your prep day for the entire week and never give up! GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!