Yes… I know any old scurv can make jell-o, but you would be surprised how many people don’t use the correct ingredients. It’s supposed to have RUM, come on people. The trick to getting ALL your friends to “lick them out” instead of digging around with their fingers like cave people, is Rim them with Lemon Sugar. This pic shows them with the lemon sugar on top…that’s because I had too much rum whilst making them and almost forgot. I know, I know. Ammature. Great for parties and even just for a Friday night alone…. with the kids. Like tonight. Drink up me hearties yoho!
- 2 packs of cherry jell-O
- 1 bottle of rum – my favorite is http://www.krakenrum.com/ (yes you need the whole bottle…you will make more some day)
- cold water (that shit comes right out of the sink, its amazing)
- 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup sugar
- a rimmer – yea like the margarita things.. this Is important or you will have to just drop the sugar on top like the pic.http://www.amazon.com/DOZENEGG-Margarita-Cocktail-Glass-Rimmer/dp/B000FUJ2LI
- red bing cherries sliced in half and pitted
- roses lime juice
- shot cups from party store & a tray or 3 to put them on in fridge
- zest lemons into a cup
- mix zest with a little lemon juice…not a lot.
- mix with sugar, stir it up little darling
- freeze over night so the sugar becomes “infused”
- boil 2 cups water
- set cups out on the trays (like 30 or so… I actually never counted.. whoops)
- drop a cherry half in each cup (drink a shot)
- add 2 packages of Jell-O to the boiled water (now turned off and taken off heat) and stir
- add 2 cups rum (drink a shot)
- pour into cups but don’t fill to top
- chill over night (do shots!)
- with roses lime juice in it, then dip into the lemon sugar
- serve them hush puppies!
- Do a demonstration on how to properly do a Jell-O shot. like this dirty little devil here
Hopefully you made some boring non alchie ones for the kids… if not.. bad form! They like Jell-O shots too.