Well, I’m not much of a sweets person. Savory is my sin. I also, can’t say enough about cheese… so I won’t even start right now. BUT, there are sooo many kinds of cheeses and since I had some peaches and goat cheese pairs so well with fruit, I had to make these dirty little tarts. The first mate LOATHES goat cheese… says it tastes like an actual goat.. to which I reply.. “dafuq you say?”. Anyhow, that’s totally fine. More for the Captain. Be gone… peasant.
The fact that I am NOT home made pastry friendly used to bother me.. but I have over come my want to be perfect at all things food and now I settle for measly ol’ store bought puff pastry any day. I will however NOT succumb to buying some fancy schmancy honey from the gods knows where. So I’ll say it here and then tag it as well.. BUY LOCAL BITCHES. This honey is from http://www.kannimports.com/x_cedar_creek/cedar_creek.html and its tha bomb yo! Just trying to do my part.
PS. If anyone wants to give me their granny’s peaches I will gladly use them and thank her via the internet. lol.
- slice 2-3 peaches
- goat cheese container (I don’t know, a tub of it)
- puff pastry sheets
- local honey
- flambe peach slices in frangelica for a bit
- lay out 1 of the thawed puff sheets on floured surface
- cut into rectangles, or squares, or triangles… doesn’t fucking matter, just fold up the sides for a border.
- drop some goat cheese crumbles
- lay them peaches down
- sprinkle with more goat cheese
- cracked pepper shower
- bake @375 for 25-30 min
- drizzle with honey and stuff yo face.