So, my first mate loves to fish, but only in the sea because fresh water fishing is “boring”. Which means, I get to spend the entire days he goes fishing… at the beach Booiiii! That aslo means we have flounder, sheepshead, trout, mackerel, blue crabs…..ect… on hand most of the year. Every Tuesday I get a hankering for some form of tacos… hence, fish tacos on #tacotuesday! These flounder tacos were flipping delish. I saved two for the neighbors like I always do, because I’m an over sharer…but then they disappeared… into my belly…. which I call “The Kraken”.
- 6-8 small corn tortillas (I know them fuckers come in a pack of 1 zillion so it doesn’t matter how many I say here)
- muffin / cupcake pan
…here fishy fishy:
- 3 filets flounder – thawed
- 1 ginger root
- whole clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp butter (reaaalll butter damnit)
…lets do the salsa:
- 3 fat green jalepenos – sliced
- 1 ear roasted corn – cut off the cob please
- 3-5 orange baby bell peppers -sliced / or 1 reg bell -diced
- a hand full of cherry tomatoes -cut in halves
- cilantro – I like that shit yo. -chopped
- lime juice
- 1 mango – cubed
…to top it off:
- 4 strips pre cooked maple bacon – break that shit up
- man, if you don’t have any Torchy’s “damn good diablo” sauce yet…http://torchystacos.com/store/hot-sauce/ getchusome and swirl it on top of stuff like this. Shit… you can even lick it off of… things.. (note to self: use torchys sauce for sexy food play night)
Now for the magic:
- Puree ginger , lemon juice & garlic and coat the fish. Wrap in a foil pouch with all puree on top and throw some damn butter on it too… let it sit in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400*. Spray the bottom of the cupcake pan with pam and place tortillas in between to make “cups”. Bake them for about 8 min (or until crispy, I mean, whos oven is always accurate anyway.) I’m pretty sure that only 3 or 4 can fit at a time so… you will have to do this shit twice or three times.
- Bake fish pouch 10-15 min @400. (with second batch of taco cups but watch them.. I burned a few here)
- Whilst that is baking, chop all the salsa ingredients and squeeze lime all over it. (salt and pepper if you wish).
- get the pre cooked bacon ready… tear it up… what ever. If you didn’t pre cook it, now you will wish you had
- now spoon some salsa in to the cups, place a chunk of ginger fish on top, crumble bacon, swirl the sauce… and HUZZAH!!!
- Eat that shit. It’s so good.